Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Cheyenne's Water Tank Reflection


Cheyenne Ubiera
4/25/12

Water Tank Reflection

            Our project assignment was to make designs for water tanks based on water pollution and conservation. The tasks were to research on water pollution, then sketch out our ideas. Finally, we painted them. I went about this task by doing a rough sketch of bathroom objects to represent how people waste water when they take a bath or shower.
            My art piece has a yellow claw foot bathtub filled to the brim with water and a showerhead sprinkling even more water. The background is painted a metallic gold and has purple and red letters saying, “How much do you REALLY need?” With really written in light green letters. I also drew a green shower cap with red polka dots.
            The message in my artwork shows how people waste water when they take a bath. It shows that people need to ration their water more diligently.
            The water issue in my art piece is how water gets wasted because people use excess water when they shouldn’t. This artwork could increase public awareness to show people how easily it is for all their water to be used up.
            I feel that my greatest challenge was the actual painting of the project and maneuvering a paintbrush. I don’t usually paint my art because it’s out of my comfort zone, but I’m glad I decided to take the challenge and the end result actually came up looking presentable.
I don’t feel like I learned any valuable lesson from this project other than my risk to paint. I get it helped me get out of the comfort zone that I’m always in. I also didn’t “overcome” anything, really. It’s nothing spectacular. I am happy that I decided to paint it though. If I did something different I doubt it would’ve came out as cool as it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment